Monday, 18 February 2013

Sponsor Your Family

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may be able to sponsor certain family members to join you in Canada. These family members include spouses, partners, and children.To find out if you are eligible to sponsor family members, use Global-Migrate’s free initial assessment. We’ll help you determine if you are able to sponsor family members, and what you’ll need to do to have your family join you in Canada.

For family members to join you in Canada, you’ll need to do a two-part process. Both parts must be completed and submitted at the same time.The first part is your application to be a sponsor. There are different applications depending on whether your family members are already in Canada, or if they are currently living outside of Canada. Global-Migrate can help you determine which type of application you will need to make.

The second half of the process is your family member’s application for permanent residence. Global-Migrate has helped many families with their Canadian migration, and we have a very high success rate. Our trained advisors are able to help you with each part of the complex and often confusing process.

Family sponsorship is currently limited to spouses, partners, and children. For Canadian immigration purposes, spouses include those who have a legitimate marriage, including same-sex marriages. Partners include common-law and conjugal partners, in either different-sex or same-sex relationships.

For applications made after 25 October 2012, you will need to live together for two years from the day your partner’s permanent residency was granted. There are some exceptions to this new rule, and Global-Migrate’s team of advisors can give you the most up-to-date information. Global-Migrate can also help you find out whether your children or other dependents under the age of 18 are eligible to be sponsored. We can also help you with an application for a Parent or Grandparent Super Visa, which can allow certain older relatives to visit you in Canada for extended stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment