300,000 Temporary Foreign Workers in Canada with TFWP visas
The latest figures from the Canadian government show that there are now over 300,000 workers in Canada with work permits allowing them to work for one or two years under the Canadian Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). The number of work permits has grown rapidly in recent years. In order to work in Canada under the TFWP, workers must first apply for a TFWP work permit and then a Canadian entry visa.
The number of TFWP workers in Canada trebled between 2002 and 2011. Over 192,000 Temporary Foreign Workers entered Canada in 2011 alone.
TFWP work permits are granted to foreign workers to allow them to work in a variety of different sectors. The sectors for which the most permits were granted last year are as follows:
- Sales and service – 70,520
- Primary industries – 42,595
- Trades, transport, equipment operators – 36,680
- Art, culture, recreation, sport – 16,300
- Natural and applied sciences – 14,125
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities 9,110
- Management – 3,875
- Business , finance and administration - 2,885
- Health - 2,540
- Social Science, Government, Religion – 2,455
Global Migrate is a specialist visa consultancy. We are OISC registered. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to the UK or your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details At 207 993 4762 Or Visit Us At : www.global-migrate.com