Sunday, 25 November 2012

Sponsor Your Family

Sponsor Your Family

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident may sponsor her or his spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, or dependent children to come to Canada as permanent residents

Your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children may be eligible to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.

An application for Family Class sponsorship can be made if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children live inside or outside Canada.

All applicants for permanent residence must go through medical, criminal and background screening.

If you are married to a Canadian citizen you can apply for a spouse visa. As long as your Canadian partner will be living with you in Canada you may be eligible. You would need to show evidence of your relationship and also show that you are financially sound to support your self or your sponsor has sufficient funds to support you after you arrive in Canada. If your sponsor has previously sponsored relatives to come to Canada and they have later turned to the government for financial assistance, they may not be allowed to sponsor another person.

To be a sponsor, they must be 18 years of age or older.

No comments:

Post a Comment